When rubbish flowers in a cemetery

December 6, 2007

Memory rides


A chilly night after the lights are out,
I wavered out in the park
The shimmering veil of stars
clothing my mind like a soothing balm.

Alone and in solitude, or should I call it loneliness
I dream with open eyes
of days bygone when summer shone
belie of happiness.

We do things we resent and yet look back to
A memory doesn't fade easily
A face, a smile, some words
A bunch of pictures I still cling to.

A feeling of contentment exists
yet a pain shoots through my chest
but try as I may, I cant hold back the tears I shed, the days I wasted.

I grope in the darkness eagerly
hoping to hold on to my present
something that will pull me back from the memory ride
hold on, says a voice, let go says another
I wither in the dilemma.
NM


1 comment:

Joe Pinto said...

nm - have a look at e. e. cummings.