When rubbish flowers in a cemetery

June 19, 2008

The Fall


Blue sky turns a green of envy
as the body longs for passion,
beyond the worldly chains
I break all bonds and fly.

Flying freely I see the world
Vast yet scary; but I muster courage
and span my wings to glide
far and wide.

But the sight is disappointing,
heartache, pain and suffering.
Greed scorching the goodness within
As dark sorrow stares grinning.

I pinch myself to wake from this dreary dream,
A nightmare it is not I realise.
Now, my wing is injured
from the many arrows of malice being fingered.

Jealously is boiling below,
my balance is lost, but I try to stay low
trying to avoid the dreadful fall
that I allowed to befall.
NM

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry if I commented your blog, but you have a nice idea.

Anonymous said...

We should have a great day today.